Ethical Travel to Cuba
CubaRoadTrip.com is committed to operating our road trips in a way that is sympathetic to the local society, economy, culture and environment. I take pride in making sure that each step of our trips to Cuba are as socially conscious as possible.
Here are some of the things I do to make sure we are making a positive change:
- I only use 100% privately run guide services for our day trips on horseback or snorkeling and provide them with training and leadership opportunities, encouraging fair employment practices and rewarding job-related performance on all of our travel to Cuba.
- We only stay at privately owned homes and our clients dine at privately owned restaurants. Our tour bus is privately owned and driven by it's owner and restoration mechanic.
- I make sure you have a chance to purchase art, souvenirs and local handicrafts while on the road. The snacks and fruit for our trips are bought from local markets and vendors.
- My road trips run with very small groups of five or less. This ensures that you get genuine interaction and that our presence doesn't overwhelm the natural setting of the places we visit.
-Re-cycling at every opportunity; we give all our water bottles to local communities who use them to sell home-made fruit juices at food markets.
- I always encourage a better understanding of Cuban culture and traditions by providing real-time Spanish to English translation so you can fully interact with locals in a meaningful way.
- Encouraging clients to ask plenty of questions about the unique situation that has given Cuba its iconic reputation, but asking them to respect the outlook and opinions of the locals.
- Not endorsing or allowing any participation in commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on our trips.