Travel off the beaten path on a 6 day road trip with award winning photojournalist Alfredo De Lara. We travel together on an adventure from the faded elegance of Cuba's capital city to the rural heartland of an island nation. Along the way, I introduce you to the people and the places that have shaped todays' Cuba and take you on an exploration of backroads to the less visited parts of the island. I facilitate Cuba travel that is truly authentic cultural exchange. See Cuba through the eyes of our hosts and by meeting fascinating locals one-on-one.
We venture out to discover artist galleries and home cooked meals in privately owned "Paladares". Nightlife takes on new meaning as we explore Cuban youth culture; from graffiti artists to hip-hop performers. By day we visit the north coast and Playas del Este, and an urban agriculture cooperative with a farm to table eats. At sunset we cross the legendary Bahia de La Habana and ask Cuba's patron saint of safe passage for protection on our island journey. The road trip continues to Cienfuegos and across the Sierra del Escambrai mountains to Valle de los Ingenios and Trinidad for three nights. Home to UNESCO World Heritage architecture and some of the finest natural beauty on the island.
6 days, five nights off the beaten track on a road trip adventure. We spend two nights exploring the magic of Havana and all of her treasures. You will be staying with a Cuban family, living in the restored majesty of Old Havana and her maze of colonial history.
By day we visit the north coast and Playas del Este, and an urban agriculture cooperative with a farm to table eats. At sunset we cross the legendary Bahia de La Habana and ask Cuba's patron saint of safe travel for protection on our journey.
On day three we depart on a road trip to Cienfuegos and across the Sierra del Escambrai mountains to Valle de los Ingenions and the colonial city of Trinidad.
6 or less persons. Includes all costs on your trip including: All Meals, Drinks & Accommodation - All Ground Transportation & Airport Pick-Up Drop-Off Service. We also help guide you through visa requirements and make sure you have all of your paperwork in order for Cuba travel.
- arrival in Havana, Jose Marti Airport
- customs clearance & ground transportation to Old Havana
- check-in family/home-stay, welcome fresh squeezed juice & snack
- orientation and welcome lunch - Old Havana walking tour
- 8pm Dinner at family owned "Paladar" restaurant
- After dinner we explore the nightlife of old Havana and feast on music and colonial tradition
- 8am breakfast at family home-stay
- 9am depart for Playas del Este
- we visit an urban agriculture cooperative and sample some organic fare
- 1pm Visit to beautiful Playa Santa Maria and soak in the natural beauty
- afternoon cocktails and fresh seafood by the ocean
- welcome home fresh fruit juice and coffee
- 7pm dinner at family/home-stay
- after dinner we head out to experience cuban youth culture and a live music performance
- 7am breakfast at family home-stay
- 8am depart for Trinidad (5 hour drive)
- 11am lunch stop at Cienfuegos for home made ice cream and explore around town
- Sunset lookout and welcome Pina Coladas
- Dinner at Family Homestay
- in the evening stroll the plaza and get to know rural town life.
- 4am light breakfast at family home-stay
- 5am depart on horseback to Loma de Vigila (3 hours)
- 10am late lunch
- in the afternoon we visit with a local photographer with a unique Cuban style
- 7pm Sunset cocktails
- 8am breakfast at family/home-stay
- 9am depart for Playa Ancon
- We explore rarely visited mountain villages and fishing towns.
- lunch seaside on an open fisherman grill while enjoy one of Cuba's finest beaches
- 6pm fresh squeezed juice and snacks
- 8pm dinner at home with our local host family
- in the evening, experience live music and dancing on the central plaza
- 7am breakfast at family home-stay
- 8am depart to Havana (4 hour drive)
- around noon we eat lunch on an old Havana balcony with live music
- after lunch we visit one of Havana's most complete Art Cooperative market
- Airport Drop-off service and flight clearance
Cuba travel gives us the opportunity to build a better future between these two great nations by fostering relationships built on mutual respect. Ethical Cuba travel has the ability to empower everyday Cubans who are embracing new economic reforms. The photos you bring back to family and friends in America will help open minds and hearts. We can all play a role in reconciling our mutual history - one family at a time.
Small groups - 6 or less persons. $1870 per per person (based on double occupancy) covers all costs once you arrive in Cuba - Airport Pick up & Drop off - All meals & Accommodation - All ground transportation & Guide Services. We also help guide you through visa requirements and make sure you have all of your paperwork in order. Pick your dates and where you want to go. I take care of the rest.
Alfredo De Lara
US +1 305 632 9426
CUBA +53 555 87 128